Friday, January 17, 2014

Goodnight Irene Sew-Along

I am doing Goodnight Irene Sew-Along hosted by Terry at Terry's Treasures and, I must say I had a difficult time to kick it off. I wasn't sure about the background color, this is my second attempt. I did also struggle with the seams but, I got that one under control...:) 
Here is how it looks so far...







Anyway, that's enough, I am going to leave it alone for now and, just walk away...I will see how I feel about it tommorrow.:)

Happy quilting everyone!










12 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! I've seen several people using a darker fabric for the background and the blocks have all been wonderful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Your seams are immaculate:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background color! I thought about a red or burgundy for mine but had trouble visualizing it. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your scrappy fabrics and your choice of background color. At one point I was going to make a scrappy quilt with a darker blue background. Then my Kona solids called my name and I opted for the gray background. I shall enjoy seeing your quilt in progress ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great! I love all of your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your background fabric! Looking good...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are great. I love the darker color for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your background fabric is great. I went with STARK white...whew! You are already ahead of me with the number of blocks too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your background color looks great with the scrap fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great so far. I especially like all the animal jungly fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've noticed some others are using a dark background. Looks like kisses.
    I pieced two rows yesterday and most of my block seams nest. some don't. I try, but I'm not going to sweat it because I don't care what the quilting police say. haha

    ReplyDelete