Thursday, January 2, 2014

On my working table




Before 2013 ends, I was trying to bring to a finish a couple of projects I have been working on lately, the Vintage Christmas Quilt top is made and hangs on the rack at The Quilt Shop waiting there to be quilted. I should have taken more pictures along the way...definitely something I need to work on in the future...I will make sure I post a picture as soon as it's done.

I don't do the quilting on my quilts, all my quilts are quilted on a long arm machine at the quilt shop. A couple reasons for this; Until now I was making mostly big quilts and I can just imagine how tough it would be to do on a small machine...just sewing the binding on a big quilt is a task! 

There are a few projects I am currently working on, here is a Scrappy Trip Around The WorldIt started as a project to use my scraps from a previous quilt I made with Denyse Schmidt's Chicopee collection...
I ended up making a few trips to the fabric store to get just a little bit more fabrics.;) 
Am I the only one to do this? 



Comming together...


Here, I divided each block's strips in piles and moved them around until I was pleased with the result, just trying to distribute the colors subtly...Then I moved them to the design wall. This way I get a good idea of what it will look like when complete. I had to move around a few blocks again. It's been sitting on the wall like this since yesterday. And now, looking at the picture, I see a couple blocks that kind of stands out, but it might just be okay with this type of quilt.




I am really enjoying making this quilt, it is a lot of fun. 

Scrappy Hexagon Quilt



Here is another project I want to share with you. It is what I like to call
''my on the go project''. I started this a couple years ago, this is the project I take with me where ever I go, everything I need fits in a plastic bin.  











And the third project on my table these days is the Marcelle Medallion Quilt and here is a peek at the center block I start to put together.


Besides the green fabrics (that need to be changed), I am pretty happy the way it looks so far. My stash lacks in green fabrics so I had to order more green fabrics...Waiting for the greens...

Feel free to leave any comments if you feel like it. I am always interested on what people have to say, or just stop by and say Hello!


-Maryse

3 comments:

  1. Love your "Scrappy Trips" and the "Hexies" quilts. So very fun to make and yours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, all great projects! But I'm particularly in love with the hexies. That must have taken so long, but it's absolutely gorgeous! And I can't wait to see your marcelle medallion mini as it comes together, such a great start!

    ReplyDelete