Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Quilts blocks for "Soy Amado"

I kill two birds with one stone...

Firstly, I tackled the Challenge "Put your scraps to work", using scraps (and I did use a lots of them) to make these blocks.

And secondly, these will be hand out to Alison's Soy Amado(I am loved) project at Little Island Quilting.






Since I first saw her post earlier last month, I went to work and thought I would help and make a couple blocks for her...But once I started, I kept telling myself; "I can make one more"... 

Alison is determined to collect enough blocks to provide 70 quilts for street children in Mexico City. 
It's a wonderful project, you can help to by sending a block, join the fun, click here for the specifications. 

I'll leave you with these wise words, they are not mine obviously but are worth to be repeated. 


They say that in order to receive you must first give.
-Old saying

"It's not how much we give but how much love we put into giving."

-Mother Teresa-

"Trying to get without first giving is as fruitless as trying to reap without having sown."

-Napoleon Hill -








5 comments:

  1. I really really love these blocks. They work great together! Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful!
    I am the person whose question you responded to on Alison't thread from yesterday re: price of shipping 20 blocks. I'm going to have 45+. Thanks for letting me know you paid $38 for the package. I'm also sending from the US (west coast but I don't know if that affects the price). I'm curious if you used a flat rate box or your own packaging. Thanks! And congrats on such a huge effort. All of your blocks are lovely. Some of mine are rather ugly but I think will work in the chaotic happiness of the quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also wondering if you know how long your package was in transit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz and thanks for your kind words, I am sorry I am just seeing your comment now. I finally used a regular box to send the blocks, there wasn't much difference in price with flat rate shipping, there was only a few cents difference. I don't know exactly how long it took for the blocks to get there, I would say two weeks for sure, maybe a bit more.
    God bless you for all the blocks you have made, it's such a huge project and I am sure each and every block are tremendously appreciated. Many thanks to you for all the help you bring into this. I am so glad to be a part of this.:)

    ReplyDelete