Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wip Wednesday-SuperStars-Slow progress

We left FL last weekend and will be spending a brief time in IN
visiting and spending time with family & friends.
Quilting will continue...

It's spring here and it's beautiful this time of the year. 
Magnolia trees, crabapples, dogwoods, to name a few...are blooming at the moment and it's just magnificent.
It is also morel season...so we will be mushroom hunting too...

Our place is very small here, so that means I will have to be creative, I don't have a design wall here and no place to put one really...I do have a tiny place where I can do my sewing though...:)

Before we left FL, I made sure that all the blocks were done (half way done actually),
and I took a picture of each block before I left.


So here is what I have been doing; I have been cropping each photo to a square, then downloaded the photos in the Mosaic Maker then print it out. 



Then cut every block and placed all the stars in a way that looked good to me.

This "hands-on" method worked fine for this project, since every block is different in colors and print, easy to manipulate,  all I had to do is move the blocks around until I was satisfied with the design.
Now, all that is left to do is sewing everything together.:)

Linking up to Freshly Pieced for Wip Wednesday



Have a good week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Great solution :). I love your blocks, the red background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to do a quilt with a red background for forever - yours is so successful. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt! Love the red background and how contemporary it makes this traditional block look. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete