Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fancy That {Finished}

Fancy That finally made it back home last week, it's bound, washed and it's now laying on my bed...Don't you love sleeping under layers of quilts? It reminds me of my childhood.


It's a large queen size quilt. 93 inches square.


Beautiful colors! Love Gypsy Caravan by Amy Butler.



Sometimes I have a difficult time to chose the thread color for the quilting, I finally decided on a
 variegated thread in Seashell. I do not like it much. I wish now that I would have chosen a charcoal thread, slightly lighter than the background. But as you can see, it's not as much noticeable inside.
I think I can live with it...:)


I have some regret on the quilt backing, now I wish I had chosen Wild Poppy in Milk...:(






You can read the previous posts here and here.




Quilt {STAT}

Name: Fancy That
Size: 93  Inches Square
Fabrics: Amy Butler-Gypsy Caravan, Cotton Couture in Charcoal- Michael Miller and some other prints from my stash.
Binding: Cotton-Couture in Charcoal by Michael Miller
Backing: Amy Butler-Wild Poppy in Linen
Quilting: Edge to edge - Poppy Field - A Quilter's Dream Newport VT
Thread: Aurifil Longarm Polyester Variegated 40wt Thread Seashell #5505
Pattern:  From Hand Quilted With Love by Sarah Fielke



Linking up to Katy at The Littlest Thistle for The Finish-Along-Quarter-2-Finish-Party
You can find the original FAL Q-2 list here

To Heather and Megan at Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday

To Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social #27

To Freshly Pieced for Wip Wednesday

To Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday

To Lynne at Lily's Quilts for Small Blog Meet and Fresh Sewing Day


15 comments:

  1. This quilt Looks fantastic on your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to say that on the grass, the quilt looks a little off - something in the arrangment of color blocks doesn't work... until you photographed it on the bed !
    on the bed it looks just right, the arrangement works beautifully - i guess you planned this quilt for the 3D effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks stunning. This is another of Sarah's quilts I have admired (I have two of her books). I made North by North East from her earlier book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I haven't seen this design before, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! This is so pretty! I love quilts in patterns I've never seen befor! Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great on the bed. It hangs at exactly the right spots to show the design off beautifully. I think the quilting thread looks quite nice and the backing is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the light thread on the dark background. It shows off your beautiful quilting. Love the design you chose! Looks so pretty on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a beauty and I like the light thread too. It shows off how beautifully it's quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fabrics, I so admire this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quilt is stunning! Love the quilting design too :)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is completely wonderful in every way! You must not have any regrets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! This is a stunning quilt. I like how you used tiny pieces and bigger pieces for a striking overall look. This is seriously gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete