Monday, July 28, 2014

The Flowering Snowball that almost never was...

After hand stitching quite intensively, my thumbs were very much in need of a break, I am making good progress on my AMH Honeycomb Quilt...one-third of the quilt to go. :)


Back to the sewing machine...Quilt for a little girl.

It all started with the Flowering Snowball-Along...Despite being one of the first to raised my hand high when Mary at {Molly Flander Makerie} announced the sew-along...Somewhere along the way, I changed my mind...Until a couple days ago...I was looking at all the beautiful Flowering Snowball that has been made so far on Flickr and decided to give this one another chance...I am glad I did.

So it went from this:



To this:
At that point, I had a second thought about sewing curves...


Then to this:
Scrappy looking...


Then back to this:
Sewing curves gets a lot easier with practice and I kind of like it now. :)


Talk about someone that can't make up her mind...:) 
I have two nieces that I am also their godmother and planned on making each of them a quilt, so it looks like one will be having a Flowering Snowball and the other one might get a star quilt...

Hope you are having a nice summer!




Linking up to:

 Stitch By Stitch for Anything Goes Mondays no.72

Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday

Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social no.31



Yes, my Flowering Snowball was featured at Quilt Story 



24 comments:

  1. I think your curves are lovely! I have never done them so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these...such a pretty choice of fabrics :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are super cute!! I LOVE all the fabrics you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maryse - your back and forth process is just like me. Curves have made me shy away from projects too. I love to see that you succeeded and your little girl flowering snowball is wonderful! You would never know that it was hard for you at first! What will you do with your scrappy stars? Another quilt or the back of this one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabric assortment, Maryse! Glad that practice is improving your confidence with the curves -- too often we adults give up without much trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great ways to showcase nice fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think both girls are going to love their quilts! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabric you chose! I made a quilt with the little froggy guy fabric, too, he has so much character!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both quilts are lovely. I've got half a layer cake of Briar Rose left and have been trying to decide what to do with it. I just may need to look for the flowering snowball pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm usually late to the party and am just now almost deciding that I need to make the Flowering Snowball quilt. All of them are gorgeous and yours is no exception. I'm glad you went back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They both will be absolutely adorable quilts! Now I have to go check out that sew along. . . like I need another project to add to my list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love fabric choices in all your quilts....beautiful quilting on your hexie quilt BTW. I'm now following you on Bloglovin and I joined your site...I found your blog from Sew Fresh Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you decided to give those curves another chance, Maryse. Your flowering snowball blocks are gorgeous! And I agree... sewing curves does get easier with practice. Your nieces are each going to be so happy! Love your scrappy blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popping in from Lets Bee Social. Love your fabrics in both quilts, it could be that Pink is my favorite color. Looks like you've mastered the curved piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What delicious color choices! Both are looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some beautiful fabrics in both quilts, the curves are certainly looking good. I will follow with interest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks so hard to make. I love it. I want one!
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  18. The scrappy ones are my favourite! but the curved ones look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is completely inspiring! I love your flowering snowball blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Wee Maryse! Your beautiful Flowering Snowball is on the Front Page of Quilt Story today! (((((Yay! Maryse!))))))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodnes, I love your blocks & the fabrics are so pretty also. Is this a pattern that I can purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've not tried sewing curves in quilt blocks - yet. I guess like most new rings it becomes easier as you go along. Maybe one day I'll give curves a try - yours look beautiful and neat.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those blocks will make beautiful quilts for your nieces indeed! The honeycombs and the stars both have gorgeous that I think any girl would love. I'm looking forward for the finished quilts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is such a great spin on the flowing snowball, love the two toned background :)

    ReplyDelete