Monday, August 25, 2014

Flowering Snowball Quilt Top {Finished}

Today is the wrap up for The Flowering Snowball-Summer-Sew-Along  
hosted by Mary at Molly Flanders Makerie


And there it is...My Flowering Snowball.





I hit it hard these past few days to have the top done on time for the wrap up...
There is nothing like a deadline to get your stuff done...



The color mix has changed slightly since I first started.
I have been cutting the pieces as I go, it was a slow process but I enjoyed the pace.

All blocks are different, not two is alike, less boring in some kind of way. 








I used the acrylic templates for a 9"in. Block, I bought mine on Etsy and finally stuck some True Grips In the back of the templates to keep them from slipping, so much better!





You can also download the templates for the 12"in. Block here at Molly Flanders Makerie. 
The sew-along is over, but you can still make one if you like.






About half way into sewing these curves, I felt more confident and tried the "no pins" technique...uh huh! Amaaaazing!

In case you are interested, here's a couple of Drunkard's Path tutorial, it's not the flowering snowball but it's close enough and this is how I ended up sewing the curves on my flowering snowball.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHZGEyP7EVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTOGt4cRdJE



Right now, I am just enjoying this "finish."


Thank you Mary for this Sew-Along and all the efforts you have put into this. 
I truly enjoyed this one... 

Best, Maryse.

-♥-


Linking up to:


 Mary at Molly Flanders Makerie for 
The Flowering Snowball-Along...The Wrap Up.


Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social no.35


Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday


Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation for NTT


Amanda at crazy mom quilts Finish it up Friday


28 comments:

  1. I LOVE this. First, I love Briar Rose. Second, I love how you used pink solids instead of white. I really appreciate your tips for sewing this block and including the youtube links. I hope to be brave enough to try it one day soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryse what an amazing quilt!! Great job!!! It couldn't be prettier! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous Maryse! The solid pink is the perfect partner to Briar Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maryse, that is so very lovely, and quite an amazing accomplishment besides!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely! Any thoughts on how you're going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pink backgrounds and the prints you chose. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! What great fabrics for the design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, a truly wonderful creation with some delightful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt came out so nice! I love the pink petals. Congrats for getting it done for the deadline, it was hard for me with the 12" square.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's beautiful, great fabric choices. Have fun quilting it

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a pattern I had been looking at, now I have to do it! So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. You have done a brilliant job piecing those curves. I hope to do one in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This top is absolutely gorgeous, Maryse. I love a quilt with curved piecing. This is on my quilty bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It Looks fantastic and would make a wonderful curtain :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Maryse! Wow, this quilt is so beautiful! I truly love your colours and Fabrics! I have to try this after my flying geeses! You make fantastic quilts and I'm your NEW follower. Sunny wishes from Finnish woman living in GREECE! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks scrumptious - colours are sweet and happy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done!! It's very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's lovely! I think the pink backgrounds really make it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I adore all the pinks! I am definitely a pink girl so this quilt is right up my alley! What a great tip for the templates! Thank you for sharing your quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maryse, this quilt is such an accomplishment! The curved piecing is wonderful, and the colors are so sweet and lovely! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun quilt to look at! Great use of the drunkard's path!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely beautiful! The colors make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bravo Maryse, c'est magnifique! Et quelle expertise technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's so pretty! Well done with your immaculate curves:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an adorable quilt! The colors and design are outstanding. I hope I get skilled enough to sew curves like that.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is great! Still loving the two toned pink background, such a great touch! I am scared of curves but this pattern might be the one to change my mind! Awesome finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a lovely top, Maryse. The pinks and greens make a beautiful garden of a quilt and the curved piecing is wonderful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete