Friday, October 24, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - First Entry - AMH Honeycomb Quilt

This is the first time I partake to The Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted at Amy's Creative Side. Everyone is welcome and you can participate as well.




For my first entry, I am entering my AMH Honeycomb quilt into The Hand Quilted Category. I really enjoyed making this quilt, it's one of my favorite for sure. 





I just used a hexagon ruler and cut as many units as needed. Each hexagon was at first placed in a random way allowing myself to rearrange some units to avoid having the same print too close to one another until the arrangement looks good to me.

You can check earlier posts herehere and here to read and see the progress about this quilt.



Hand quilted with Valdani Pearl Cotton no.8 (Variegated in Black Night). It's such a beautiful thread to work with. Hand-dyed and colorfast, it comes in a wide range of luscious colors, both solid and variegated.





Quilt {DATA}

AMH Honeycomb

The finished size is 89 inches X 90 inches.
Made with Field Study Collection by Anna Maria Horner.
Backing: Spotted In The Crowd in Victoria by AMH.
Binding: Fine Feathered in Denim.
 Hand quilted using Valdani Pearl Cotton no.8 Variegated in Black Night.
This quilt was at first inspired by Malka Dubrawsky's Honeycomb Hexagon quilt.






Thanks for visiting!


Best,
Maryse



19 comments:

  1. very pretty! love all the colors. The ones all on the line are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stunning a real delight, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maryse! I so happy to see you here in the festival with your gorgeus quilt! This is so beautiful and I love the hand quilting! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hexies, and this quilt is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt Maryse. Those fabrics all look great together, and your hand quilting is lovely too. It looks just right outside amongst the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful and large quilt. The Valdani perle cotton adds the perfect finishing touch (and has sorely tempted me to buy some for myself).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can honestly say I have never been bitten by the hexie bug- but this quilt is amazing. I LOVE the hand-quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful mix of fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Valdani thread is wonderful to work with. Love your beautiful quilt.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has always been one of my very favorite quilts Maryse! So wonderful in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so inspired to make a similar quilt. #lovethis

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! I love AMH and handquilting but wow- this is big! The hexagon shape shows off the fabric and quilting so well - very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous and the handquilting is great. I voted for this one. Also, I invite you to link to Hexie Weekend (ends Monday, midnight) to share it with other hexagon lovers. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Never would have thought of picking such a dark thread color, and it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete