Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Little Quarter Log Cabin {Finish}

I get that feeling of accomplishment every time I finish a project
Seems familiar?

I was determined to finish this quilt today and it was done by noon. It's been washed and gently tumble dried before taking it outside for the usual photo shoot.




This quilt is made almost entirely from scraps...even the batting.  


Using a walking foot, I stitched straight lines from edge to edge, to create this large checkerboard pattern.

When I look at it now, I can see something doesn't seem right...I think it would have look better with a diagonal stitching. 


I used the same light pink fabric from the background for the binding and this time, I attached the binding by machine and finished with a zig-zag stitch.  




Even If I managed to use mostly scraps, I had to get a piece of fabric for the backing. 


This quilt was all about playing around with scraps and give machine quilting and machine binding a try. 

I am not sure how I feel about quilting on a small machine, I am not sure machine quilting is for me after all...
I prefer by far hand quilting and all the other steps that go into making a quilt. That been said, I might try it again sometimes...just to be sure. :-)

-♥-



Quilt data:

Little Quarter Log Cabin 

The finished size is approximately 38 inches x 38 inches

Quarter Log Cabin on-point {See jenna brand's tutorial here}

Made using scraps, Briar Rose by Heather Ross among others.

Backing: Calico in Pink from Briar Rose collection by Heather Ross.

Binding: Cotton Couture in Blossom by Michael Miller

Machine quilted by me.

---

Linking up to The Littlest Thistle for the last quarter of the FAL-2014

And here is my original list for the 2014 FAL Q-4 




11 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and so amazing that you managed to make it from scraps impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and sweet quilt! The pattern is fun and I want to try it. Colours are gorgeus and I love pink! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and great job using up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! All my favorite colors. The straight quilting lines are just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely and sweet finish, Maryse! Glad to see you tried something new with the quilting and binding. Both look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting that you are finding your preference is for hand quilting - generally more relaxing too. Love the photo of you quilt rolled up on the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt! The blocks look great on point and I love the scrappyness :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish, it's so satisfying to make things entirely from your scraps and stash

    ReplyDelete