Tuesday, October 7, 2014

On the road again...


Autumn has arrived like a thief ... at least that's what it seem to me ...
 It's the end of the season and I spent the last few weeks trimming plants and bushes for the winter, cleaning around the house and getting ready to head south again.
We left Canada last week and traveled to IN with a quick stop in Niagara Falls. Even if I have seen the falls before, It's always nice to go back, I still find them majestic and impressive.




With all the "to-dos" lately...I didn't have much time left for sewing. Nevertheless, here and there, I managed to complete this small quilt top. Made entirely from scraps from the last two quilts I made. It's a Quarter Log Cabin and the blocks are set on point, a good scrap buster.

Inspired by Jenna's beautiful Arizona Quilt at jenna brand,
Click here to see her quilt and tutorial.



These blocks are easy to make and make such a strong statement when arranging on point.


These were fun to make and quite liberating...the only rule was to get as much as I can from those scraps.






Since it's a small quilt (38 x 38 in.) I am thinking to quilt this one on my sewing machine.
I am thinking straight lines across the blocks.

Can't wait to work on something that isn't pink...




Linking up this week to:


i have to say... for Show and Tell Tuesday

Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday

Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social no.41

My Quilt Infatuation for NTT




19 comments:

  1. This is a darling quilt, and a great use of different sized scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scrap buster is very pretty. I like the on point setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, that you made this all from scraps. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new quilt top is looking great - and I'd certainly enjoy many a visit to Niagara Falls if ever I had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little quilt top will look fabulous with some straight line quilting. I can understand you are tired of pink, but this is such an adorable finish! Sorry to see you - and summer - go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all the pink :) I am not one for using white as the background, so the pink is really refreshing. It's very pretty and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you'd ant a break from pink but it works really well in your quilt - love the quarter log cabin as a scrap buster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink really isn't my color, but those scrappy blocks are absolutely lovely on point. I may have to steal this idea to bust some of my scraps (though I should probably finish the projects the scraps are from first). Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I love your quilt! What a great pattern! Here it's opposite - I can't wait to make pink quilt! Must be amaxing experience to be there at the Niagara Falls! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what is created by turning a block on its side. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Great photo of the falls...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pretty quilt top and good for using those scraps! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving the pink, although I get it. After working with the same prints over and over you need a break! I cannot wait to see what you start next.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to see how this quilts up. Anything that reminds me of log cabin blocks are delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That quilt is so fresh and pretty with the pink Maryse! That is a wonderful way to make a log cabin!
    Hey you were very near to us! We live 15 minutes from Niagara Falls. It does take your breath away - I doibt one could ever get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable quilt top! As pink is my favorite color I love it! I am impressed by the picture of Niagara Falls!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just wonderful! Your work is so neat and tidy! I love love love it when someone slips in that they made a little "rule"! I cannot resist doing things like that!!!

    ReplyDelete