Wednesday, November 19, 2014

AMH Nine Patch {Quilt Top Finished} & Slow Blogger Linky Party

I have a finish to show you this week, it has to be my biggest quilt so far.
It's huge {95 inch X 115.5 inch} it's big enough to cover the bed without the mattress and box spring showing. 



Made using Anna Maria Horner's Field Study Linen.
You can read more about it in my last post.


I shoveled the deck yesterday hoping to be able to take these photos this morning. You can still see snow between the planks.
Can you tell it was cold?



It was a different process this time due to the lack of space, I designed this quilt on my computer with the original fabric, hoping to get a result as accurate as possible...The picture gives a good idea of the final product but still, I ended up unpicking, remaking and rearranging a few (many) blocks. 

It is quite bold...I hope to tone it down a little by hand stitching with a black pearl cotton thread, hopefully it will do the job.

This will be my hand quilting project for this winter. I plan on using wool batting as it is lighter and the quilt is already heavy as it is. 


-♡-

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Best, Maryse



Linking up to:



Catherine at Knotted Cotton for the monthly Slow Blogger Party


Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday

Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social no. 47


What A Hoot Quilts for TGIFF

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict for Can I Get A Whoop Whoop

Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday





23 comments:

  1. The black hand quilting is going to add a great touch to an already gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt to keep anyone cheerful over the winter! Black hand quilting sounds amazing so I'm looking forward to seeing the result. Thank you for linking up:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous, and will look amazing stitched with black thread. A wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maryse, I know you have reservations about how bold it is, but it is gorgeous! Are you liking it better the further along it gets? It is going to look so cool with black perle cotton quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Such great colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of quilt to quilt! It's looking good! I like how the dark bits stand out a little. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt top is amazing. Have fun quilting it. I've heard wool is wonderful for hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is a beauty, Maryse! the colors are gorgeous, and I think your layout is perfect!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it!
    I have so many 2 1/4 inch squares that are totally scrappy. This could be something I could think about doing.
    You are quite better than me, as I wouldn't have wanted to shovel snow to take a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous finish! It's totally awesome! I'm so inspired to do something like this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, wow! Yeah, that's a big one, alright. My largest is a 112" square. I sent that to a longarmer. I'm impressed that you'll be hand quilting this one - the black perle sounds nice for it! I do love wool batting, with its springy loft, airness, ability to be very warm or breathe better for you than cotton when you want that. . . You used a really fun layout - based on 9-patches?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh... gorgeous! I love the fabrics you used in this quilt. Enjoy the hand quilting. It will be a beauty when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a beautiful balance of colors and values! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love scrappy quilts and I love nine patches! Great quilt and I don't think it needs to be toned down a bit either. :)

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colors! Perfect just as is...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so very pretty! I love the bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a great job and it is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that you shoveled your deck so you could take pictures of a quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know that some do not like AMH, but I DO! and this nine-patch is lovely. Also, nine-patch squares lend themselves to so much creativity for their simplicity! How did the linen work for you? I haven't tried her fabric in linen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your quilt top is really beautiful! You did a masterful job of design.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait to see your hand quilting! I love the colors just as they are, though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks amazing Maryse! The wool batting will be easy to hand quilt and a wonderful winter project.

    ReplyDelete