Thursday, November 6, 2014

Work in Progress - AMH Nine Patch

Sometimes things don't always go as planned...You think you have a good idea...and then you're having second thoughts and find yourself taking a complete different direction...Sounds familiar? 


Here is the latest...A Nine Patch featuring Anna Maria Horner's Field Study Linen Collection. 
In the photo above, you can see the first three rows.


Some time ago, I ordered a fat quarter bundle of Field Study Linen by AMH. Some of these prints are harder to find and I was glad I was able to put my hands on it. Back then, I had in mind to make a giant star quilt to a couple of friends...but once I received the fabric...I wasn't sure anymore, it didn't seems that it was such a great idea after all.  I felt stuck with the fabrics and wasn't sure how to use it. This fabric is fabulous, but it's heavier than regular quilting fabric, I didn't want them to end up in my stash. Then I remembered seeing this quilt by Katy Jones. I always liked that quilt.
 Then, the idea of making a Nine Patch came to be.


These are the blocks that I have done so far, they are quick and easy to make and certainly not boring.
I lean toward the idea of hand quilting it with a dark blue or even a black cotton pearl, still early to decide...


The mix of this traditional patchwork with AMH's bold and contemporary fabrics really speaks to me. This is another big quilt, a large queen size.

I must say it feels good to finally start something new.

Thanks for stopping by!

-♥-

Linking up this week to:


 My Quilt Infatuation for NTT

Sew Fresh Quilts











9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I've loved this arrangement of nine-patches and yours is stunning! Inspires me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je ne suis pas très "léopard" mais je suis surprise, ça fonctionne. Ça va être très joli. Pour le piquage à la main, j'en ai piqué une comme ça, avec des imprimés très chargés. Ça ne vaut pas tellement la peine, on ne voit pas du tout les points, à moins peut-être d'utiliser un fil contrastant. C'est juste une idée, le piquage à la machine prend quand même du temps lui aussi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great use for the fabric. I can just see it quilted in the dark thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it is certainly an eye catcher, stunning. I love the 9 patch pattern and the combination of fabrics is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning ! J'adore ces couleurs ! quel travail ! impressionnant, vraiment ! Bonne journée et à bientôt !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I too have been thinking about making a 16patch or 9patch quilt with my AMH fabrics, yours is inspiring! L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colorplay! ...Un travail véritablement admirable. Kind regards, Annett

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always amazes me how great big bold fabrics can look when they are cut up small for a quilt like this. It takes courage to chop up fabrics like that. Quite Wonderful Maryse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, pour information, je t'ai nominée ici pour un award : http://woolandcats.blogspot.fr/2014/11/liebster-blog-award.html. Bonne journée !

    ReplyDelete