Friday, December 19, 2014

Flowering Snowball {Finish}

My Flowering Snowball is finished and I am really pleased how it turned out. 
I made this quilt top this past summer as part of The Flowering Snowball-Summer-Sew-Along hosted by Mary at Molly Flanders...


   

For more details, you can click on Flowering Snowball in the labels section of my blog.


Here is a photo of the finished top before quilting, somewhere along the way I decided to add a scrappy border.


As a starting point, I used Briar Rose by Heather Ross and add different fabrics to the mix. I used two different tones of pink from the Cotton Couture palette by Michael Miller. 



For the backing I used a solid piece of cloth I had in hand and here again I paper pieced my niece's name using scraps. This time I used 
Diane Bohn's PP Alphabet pattern on Craftsy. I enlarged the letters at approx. five inches.  



This one will be given to my other niece for Christmas,  she will be six years old very soon and she loooves pink... 


Here again I chose Deb's feathers as quilting design (I know it's time for a new one...) and 
a pink polka dot by Lecien for the binding.



This was my last finish on my list as part of the FAL-2014 hosted by Katy at The Littlest ThistleI enjoyed participating very much, Katy did an excellent job hosting the FAL and will certainly miss her memorable and impressive stats...:-)




That's about it for 2014 regarding quilting stuff...Next week will be for cooking, baking and some last minute preparations...It's a busy time for all of us...But it's also one of the best time of the year...The days leading to Christmas!



Best, Maryse


-♡-


Linking up to:


Things I MakeCrazy Mom QuiltsPorch Swing Quilts

Sew Fresh Quilts


And to The Littlest Thistle for the last quarter of the FAL-2014 And here is my original list for the 2014 FAL Q-4







24 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful quilt for another lucky niece. And your photographs turned out so nice. We are having an unusually warm December, so no snow yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color scheme- I'm sure your niece will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful--what can I say--I am blown away. hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a way to wrap up the year. This is a lovely, lovely quilt. I can only imagine the hours you've put into it but know that the recipient will adore it and appreciate all that hard work. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I saved all the instructions for that quilt along, but just never found the time. I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, it's beautiful!! I wish I had snow for some good pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maryse! This became so beautiful quilt! I really love your colours and the pattern is Super! I hope to make this one day. I wish you wonderful Christmas time! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is absolutely stunning! You have to link up to my Sweatshop linky party! What a lucky niece you have.

    I've got my Flowering Snowball all cut up. Just need to get started sewing it. After Christmas! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops! The previous comment was from me... not my husband. ;) (Not sure if it even went through, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous finish and gift! Quite a few little nieces will be blessed with pink quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done a fantastic job of the quilt, well done! It is so colourful and has so many points of interest to look at! I like the way you have personalised the name on the back. Congrats on the FAL finishes...I think I've only managed about two things from mine! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This quilt is gorgeous! I am afraid to try those curves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful quilt and gorgeous photos, Maryse. Love the addition of that scrappy border. I have always admired that pattern and you have chosen such a wonderful mix of fabrics and colours. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maryse, you have made a real girly quilt. Love the fabrics. I really like the back, where you pieced in the recipients name. Merry Christmas

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want this quilt! No, I might enjoy making one but I want this one with the pinks and sparkling and all! That's saying something about your choices girl! I've made over 200 quilts and want yours!
    LeeAnna at Not Afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, fabrics, colors, pattern,quilting, labeling, love it all. Loving aunt to a lucky niece. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This quilt is SO amazing! Congrats! Pretty pictures with all the snow on the trees too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! And the snow makes the perfect backdrop for your photos. Love the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Congrats on your finish. All your pics are also lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these quilts! Still haven't ordered mine, it will be a goal for 2015. Congrats on getting your FAL-Q4 goals done! That marks a successful year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I watched that QAL come and go and was so sad I couldn't squeeze it in - love the pieced border you did. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful quilt - I'm sure your niece loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely, girly version of the quilt, and I love the scrappy border, too :)

    ReplyDelete