Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Looking back at 2014 - Looking for 2015

It's quite amazing to look back at what I've accomplished in 2014, as a quilt maker, I have grown enormously. I can't wait to see what 2015 will bring!


Now...How about some new resolutions for 2015?
It's the subject of the moment, it's on everybody's lips ( and blogs...)

I don't always take new resolutions ...at least not the kind I can't keep.
And when I do, it always evolves around being healthier, being more active or lose a few pounds...
BORING isn't it?  
It's the beginning of a new year, a chance for a new start and we always want this year to be THE year, right?

It all started a few days ago, I surprised myself making a list of the quilts I want to make in 2015. Things I want to try and things I want to do. Just to give me some kind of directions when I'm stuck. I am pretty sure this list is more likely to change over time, but it's ok.

I initially made the list to avoid quilt hangover … You know that lapse of time from when you finish a quilt and can't decide what to do next... That lapse of time when nothing seems to be happening and you feel like a dog trying to catch his tail...When you are still in the ahh moment and drooling over the last quilt you have made and can't decide what to do next... It can last for days and even weeks sometimes. 

So my list brought me to think about new objectives for 2015 and, if I was to set new goals for 2015, it would look like this:

1- Make a list of the quilts I want to make this year to avoid quilt hangover.

2- Learn FMQ (I mean seriously).

3- Push my creativity.  This means to focus on doing things differently to develop my uniqueness and be more self-confident with my work. 

4- Join a Quilt Guild. Why not?

5- Keep doing what I'm doing...It makes me happy!



Wishing you all the best for 2015!

-♡-


Linking up to Quilting Jetgirl and Sew Fresh Quilts


13 comments:

  1. Quilt hangover. . . I love that!! :) Great list, nothing on it that is not totally attainable or that requires a major personality change or habit change to accomplish. Can't wait to see what you create in 2015! BTW, so glad you put this collage up. I lost my bookmarks and I had bookmarked one of your quilts and this feeble brain could not remember whose it was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up! I think that having a list of quilts is a great idea, and I love your coined term "quilt hangover" - I definitely know that feeling! I hope you have a wonderful 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made some beautiful quilts this year, it's lovely to see them all togther. Good luck with your goals for the new year, I really like the idea of a 'bucket list' of quilts, no more waiting for inspiration to strike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful collection of quilts. My favorite is the hexagon one, probably because I have one on my bucket list. I find having a list very helpful, but sometimes I still need a breather between projects. :) And best wishes for 2015 to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's only one solution for a quilt hangover--make another one! Thanks for sharing your goals with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous finishes for 2014, bravo!! Thanks for sharing. I never get quilt hangover. I can't finish one quick enough to start another! I've had my list of 2015 quilts made for several months and actually have to tone it down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are all beautiful! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great year! Here's to the next one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilts in 2014. Look forward to more in 2015. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing what is to come in 2015! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maryse, what a whole bunch of gorgeous quilts! You should be so thrilled at what you accomplished this year!
    I like your list. So that's what has been my problem... Quilt hangover. right now I feel like a car trying to take off in the snow and my wheels are just spinning in place. A list would be a good way to tackle that. I have a long bucket list, but an organized to do list would sure help.

    ReplyDelete
  12. keep in contact Maryse, I'm going to start a link party focusing on creativity itself. I agree about the hangover as I have a lag time after a big finish, but have so many quilts I want to make, I don't have time to dither!! LeeAnna from Fl but living in MD at
    Not afraid of color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your quilts from last year! I look forward to seeing the ones this year.

    ReplyDelete