Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 - Finish Along Q1

I am emerging briefly to post my goals for the 2015-Finish Along Q1. 

 This past week, I have been cleaning and rearranging my sewing place, I just can't seem to find the perfect arrangement yet... And I am also working on new projects. So here is what my list looks like for this first quarter:


1 - Granny Square {my way}

A warm and heavy lap size quilt for the TV room in the basement.






2 - Star Quilt

This is a very special quilt for one of our friend. I made a couple sketches last year, but I haven't decided on the final design yet... More on that soon. 






3 - Man Quilt no.2

I started to cut these triangles last fall to make another quilt for the boat, an extra quilt that could be use by a visitor. I'm still not sure of the final design. All I know is that I wanted to use elongated triangles and I am hoping to use all the fabric left from the Man Quilt I made last year. (I bought way too much fabric and these don't mix well with my fabric stash).






4 - Oceanside Pants.

I bought some beige linen fabric last year to make a drawstring pair of pants and found this PDF pattern from Blank Slate Patterns. I love linen pants and I wear them all the time. They are light and very comfortable, I could sleep with them...






5- AMH Nine Patch

 It is unlikely that I will be able to finish this one by the end of this quarter, I haven't found the backing yet and the hand quilting will be time-consuming but who knows?



Thank you for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your week!
Best, Maryse

-♡-

I am linking up to Adrianne at On The Windy Side for the 
2015 - Finish Along Q1





Also linking up to Freshly Pieced and Sew Fresh Quilts

5 comments:

  1. I totally understand the rearranging of your sewing space. I am always re-working mine to find the optimal arrangement for function and appearance!! You sure have a lot of projects in the works - all are lovely. I really like the gray on the granny squares - it looks gray in the picture - I usually see white but the gray is very sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have had my eye on those Grannies! And am so looking forward to seeing that one finished. Glad it made the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on sorting your sewing space. Something that I need to do soon! Really looking forward to seeing the progress on your new projects. Love your nine patch...so pretty! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds must think alike Maryse. I'm doing and elongated triangle quilt for Sam very soon and also have been plotting out a Granny Square quilt (different though)
    I love the look of your projects - your work always has great appeal! Getting your sewing room set up will speed things up eventually and also make it more enjoyable to work there.

    ReplyDelete