Friday, January 30, 2015

Six-Pointed Stars :: Quilt Top {Finished}

Another finished...I have been working on this top quite intensively this past week, I added two more rows so it should be long enough now. I am very pleased with the result and I hope the recipient will like it as much as I do. I must say I am always anxious to give a quilt, I can't help it. 


 For the main fabric, I chose Handcrafted by Alison Glass, I was looking for fabrics with jewel tones that weren't too girly. This is such a beautiful collection. I made good use of the bundle and used almost all of it. I also used  some Shot Cotton which changes tone slightly depending on the viewing angle because it has different color warp and weft threads.


I might keep the border as it is, at first I was thinking to cut it straight but then I had a second thought.  I am still deliberating on that...


I believe it's a Six Pointed Star (please correct me if I am wrong), it is made with equilateral triangles. It was first design on my design wall then sew the triangles into rows and then the rows together. 
You can read the story behind this quilt here.

Now waiting on the backing and then off to be quilted. 

Have a lovely weekend!



Linking up with:


Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday

Fiber Of All Sorts for A Lovely Year of Finishes

Hug a Bit Quilts for Monday Makers

That's What {Che} Said... for Monday Funday

Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday

My Quilt Infatuation for NTT






30 comments:

  1. This is such a vibrant quilt. I think it will be much appreciated. Personally, I would trim it straight. (Pointed edges intimidate me.) Although it looks really neat the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy Maryse :) It's looking fabulous. I really like those fabrics too, wonderful depth of colour, they look a bit like hand-dyes, I may have to treat myself ;) !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryse that is magnificent and your dear friend is going to love it to pieces! Wow - if you do keep the border it would be even more amazing! I would love to know how you would bind a zig zaggy edge like that. I know... "Very Carefully!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you never cease to amaze, impress and WOW us! I think the ziggy binding would be awesome and well-worth the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'd keep that border just as it is. It makes the quilt even more unique. Not everyone gets a zig zag border. It's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Makes me want to cut out triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most beautiful Maryse! Red background looks great and I love the stars! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a whole lot of triangles! She's a beauty though and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful finish and a loving gift for someone special in your life! I vote for leaving the edges, it makes your quilt all that more unique and I think it just makes the design sing. Love your choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant to mention the bottom right star - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing how this one quilts up. it certainly is bright.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous quilt! LOVE the design with those colors.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely!!! I'm sure the recipient will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Great use of the Alison Glass fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty. Very vibrant. I recently did a quilt with zig zag edges. I love hand binding so I do that on every quilt. It turned out to be a total nightmare for me doing hand binding because there's a corner every few inches. But you might know something I don't. :) (And yes, they're equilateral triangles.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Popping over from Monday Makers for a peek - and WOW that quilt is gorgeous! I can't imagine the work it would take to bind the borders, but it would sure look fantastic if you were able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your choice of background colors!!! And I completely agree with the decision of leaving the zigzag edge -- adds so much character!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful! I love the red background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful quilt! You made terrific fabric choices- I love the use of red as a dominant color.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a glow-y & beautiful quilt, you've made such a great use of that fabric line!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing and gorgeous! It would be so cool with the sides as is! Cant wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this quilt top! The colours are so vibrant! Gotta love that Allison Glass fabric. I always have a tough time squaring up quilts like this... I swear I can hear the lovely pieced bits screaming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. love seeing this quilt top completed.... www.crazyforpurple.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! I really love handcrafted, and it looks amazing in this quilt top. I have never tried triangles, or stars like that, but I may have to try it now! I never would have thought to use red as a background with this bundle, but it looks really nice--I love how the jewel tones pop!

    ReplyDelete