Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WIP and Creative Space Tag

There is a new game in Blogland and it's called Creative Space Tag.
 It's very easy, you tag someone and then the tagged one has to tag someone else to show us their creative space. You can read about it here and here 
Julie is my new quilty friend, she is the instigator of this game and she blog @ Pink Doxies.  Julie went first last week showing us her fabulous sewing space. Being tagged, it's now my turn this week to invite you in and show you mine. So please, follow me upstairs ...


My sewing room is located in the loft, it was my husband's office for a while then it became a guest room and little by little it became my sewing space. I love it up there. It's been rearranged a few times this year, but I think I finally like the organization. I had to tidy up a little for the photo shoot ... it doesn't always look like this, this is as good as it gets.


It is well lighted, the skylights give me natural light and I also  changed the existing can light bulbs for OttLite bulbs earlier this year and what a difference it makes especially at night. 
(every now and then you can get OttLite products half price at Joann)


My complice in crime ... She is the best! It's a Janome 6600. It sits on a computer desk also bought at IKEA a few years ago. 

Work in progress in the back, I am working on a Swoon. Six more blocks to go. 


One thing I lack in my sewing room is storage. I need more storage!! All my fabrics are stored in plastic bins for now. 


I have this huge wall space and a few years ago, with the help of my husband, I installed my design wall ... I bought a piece of the cheapest extra-wide white flannel I could find, I sewed two broad hems wide enough to pass a wood rod, top and bottom. It holds in place with large sticky hooks ... It works well for now, but it isn't perfect, It gets hot up here sometimes and I found my design wall on the floor a few times ... So this will need to be changed sooner or later. I like Julie's design wall and might steel her idea. 


My cutting table was bought at IKEA years ago ... I love the extendable legs and it's such the perfect height to work without hurting my back and it's also nice to be able to move around the table. 
Another thing I couldn't live without is my large ironing table, it's just a piece of plywood covered with batting and canvas laying on top of a regular ironing board. 

It's a blessing to have a place where you can just leave everything and pick up where you left the next day. I hope you all enjoyed the visit and make sure to visit future tags ... It will be fun to see all the different spaces even if it's the kitchen table ...

So to keep the game going, I am tagging my friend Lara @ BuzzinBumble, I am thrilled she accept my invitation to play along. I love Lara, she is one of the kindest people in Blogland she is very dear to me, she makes me smile, she is very talented and I can't wait to see her creative space. 

Have a great week everyone!



Linking up with:


Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday
My Quilt Infatuation for NTT






21 comments:

  1. Fantastic - looks so light and airy up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am way jealous! My creative space is not very creative right now as it looks like a tornado blew through there. Motivation is what I need to get in there, get things cleaned up and re-organized, and start actually sewing in my sewing room again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maryse and thank you for inviting us to your sewing space which looks fantastic! It's lightful and you have great place for everything! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I love this peek into your creative space. I like how you have the weighted design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. So organised and tidy! I don't know about that spiral staircase though! That would be a hazard in my house. Thank you for sharing. I can imagine you working in there now when you post new pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marsye, great to drop in and find your fabulous creative space. I love the light that comes in from your sky lights. That looks like a nice way of organising your furniture as I love lots of flat surface to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful space! I so love your swoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great space - you are so lucky to have somewhere just for sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your space. Natural light, lots of room...never having to clean up (so to speak)!! One of these days I wish to have a real work room! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maryse, you made me blush. :) and smile too. Thank you for such incredibly kind words. As you know, I adore you and you never cease to amaze and inspire me!
    Your creative space is a little bit like I envisioned. I thought you would want lots of light and that you would be great at organization. Once I got done drooling over your gorgeous swoon blocks, I could take in the rest. Hey - we are both Janome girls. The solution you came up with for a better ironing board is great. And I love the design wall you and your husband made - especially that it can be rolled up and taken with you, if need be. The table you use for cutting is terrific - I have never seen one with extendable legs like that. It is also all so clean and neat and refreshing, it is no wonder you love to work up there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You have an amazing quilt room! What a great place to dream up some great quilts.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic studio! First off, I am swooning over your swoon blocks because they are gorgeous and that is totally on my Quilty Bucket List. Second -- Ott makes fluorescent spot lights? Do you mean I can use them to replace the can lights in my studio that make it hot in here and turn the colors weird in all of my photos?! Where do you find these bulbs???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh sewing room envy! Love your sewing space and the WIP on the design wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely space! Sky lights are so wonderful to have in a sewing room! We added a solar tube in my sewing room last year and it makes such a huge difference! Hope you find a way to make more storage!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a lovely, bright sewing room. The sloped ceiling does present storage challenges, but the benefit of not having to put everything away when your done far outweighs that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a lovely, bright sewing room. The sloped ceiling does present storage challenges, but the benefit of not having to put everything away when your done far outweighs that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with that Lara is just a sweety! I have to say not only is your creative space wonderful you swoon is just that! I love your selection of fabric for it. It's going to make a beaurtiful quilt!!! You studio makes me smile in thought of the days I played outside in my very own playhouse....LOVED it and love your creative space!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat studio Maryse and love all the light!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh such a great space... and it's all yours! My sewing is all done in our spare bedroom, it's messy, my shelving unit is full-to-overflowing, and I share this space with the computer (& all that comes with that!), but I kinda know where everything is! Love your swoon blocks... amy butler fabrics if I'm not mistaken? Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Ikea for their sturdy smile desks. I have one that is my crafting space with lots of storage.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your creative space Maryse! Lots of natural light and OttLites, wonderful height for your cutting table, design wall and a large pressing/ironing space. So much to love about this studio! I guess you'll work out a more user friendly storage system over time.

    ReplyDelete