Wednesday, April 1, 2015

WIP - A Swoon Quilt

April is already here and I am far beyond my to do list ... I haven't completed one project so far this year. I have to remind me that it's ok, this is my quilting journey and it's supposed to be fun.


Anyway, between my Clamshell and my Granny Square, I have been working on a Swoon Quilt. 

After making Fancy That, I had just about enough fabric left to make another quilt.
Gypsy Caravan is an older collection, but it's one of my favorite line by Amy Butler. I love how the colors play together in a project.

I can say now that I have a good start on this one ... I re-figured the size of the block at 22.5 inches and also figured how I want to press those seams ... Here is a picture showing the back of the block ... I always try to press the seams to one side, but it's not always possible ... After a few tries, this is how I ended up pressing the seams.


I have more cutting and more sewing to do ... Fourteen blocks to go.

I hope you all doing well and I wish you a Happy Easter!



Linking up to:

Lee @ Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday
Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation for NTT



8 comments:

  1. Love your Swoon quilts...such beautiful fabrics! Best wishes for a Happy Easter to you, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty swoon blocks. The size of these are so perfect to show of the beautiful fabric!
    Your clamshell top is to die for - thank you for sharing what dies you used, will put those on my wishlist!

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Des blocs de 22", ça c'est une bonne idée pour accélérer un peu le travail. Je suis en train de terminer un truc pour mon frère, et c'est que je j'ai fait: augmenter la taille de bloc x 1.5 pluôt que de faire plus de blocs. Et en effet, on voit beaucoup mieux le tissu ! J'ai hâte de voir tes 14 autres blocs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are so pretty. This is on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing how you pressed the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty swoon blocks. Pressing can sure be a challenge to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks, I am such a fan of Gypsy caravan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the green one - so springlike and feels perfect for Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gypsy Caravan in a perfectly sized Swoon block is swoon worthy indeed! Beautiful work Maryse! No need to worry about completing projects when you have so many incredible ones in your lineup... Later on you will Wow us all when we conveniently forget how much work went into getting them finish ready. LOL

    ReplyDelete