Friday, October 23, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2015 :: Hand Quilted Category

A warm welcome to the Blogger's Quilt Festival visitors!! 
(And apologies to my followers for posting about this quilt again)

I am thrilled to participate in The Blogger's Quilt FestivalI am entering my Clamshell Quilt in the Hand Quilted Category.











It's our favorite at the moment, we all love it very much!!

This quilt is entirely hand-sewn. I worked from top to bottom, row by row, all clamshells were sewed using the applique method using a ladder stitch. No foundation fabric was used.

Quilt Stats:

Name: Doesn't really have a name although, I have been referring to this one as "My Clamshell"
Size: 60 x 76 inches. There are 38 rows for a total of 589 clamshells (and 38 half clamshells)
Fabrics: Different fabric from my stash
Backing: Moonlit by Rashida Coleman-Hale from the Cotton + Steel Collection 
Pattern: All Clamshells were cut with AccuQuilt Go using the clamshell-4" Cutting Die.
Quilting: Hand quilted with Valdani Pearl Cotton #12
Batting: Quilters Dream Wool 
Finished: August 2015



***To read more about this quilt and see the different steps, click on Clamshell in the Labels section on the sidebar and, all relevant posts will come up. 



Thanks for visiting!! 


25 comments:

  1. Don't apologize. It's a gorgeous quilt and we love to see it over and over.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have about 10 clamshells prepped for "Someday" ...WOW this is just so beautiful and amazing / love it : ) I enter this festival to see inspiration and I surely have already..:) So much work, time, patience and talent goes into a quilt like this, and it inspires lesser mortals like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is absolutely lovely! Wow. Beautiful hand quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maryse! I'm happy to see again this gorgeus quiult! I really love this and admire your hand work! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I love scrap quilts (see my entry in this same category); they always provide something fun to look at, no matter how long ago you created the quilt. I've found you through the quilt festival, and will be adding you to my blogroll. Nicely done on your quilting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, look at all those curves! What a great a quilt! So many little stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, you did it by hand... wow, congratulations, great quilt
    Fun to visit other blogs from BQF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, beautiful quilt! All by hand? That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Maryse. So much work, but beautifully done. You should be very proud of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. I'm glad I got a good look at it again. I think a clamshell is now on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! Clamshells are among the many things on my "someday" list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a really beautiful quilt Maryse! So glad to have found another hand stitcher/quilter - we're a special breed, haha! Good luck in the festival :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your clamshells are beautiful and I love the hand stitching on top. Great work, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! Absolutely stunning. My hat goes off to you. Entirely hand-sewn?! My son says it reminds him of scoops of ice cream. Good providence in the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  15. a picture of my dog
    sushikrazy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!!! The last pic was of my 6 year old's first basketball game and the last book I read (and it was fab) was The Girl on the Train.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The last photo I took with my phone was of a completed quilt I delivered. Your quilts are great. Thanks for the great giveaway.

    ReplyDelete