Friday, November 6, 2015

Swoon :: A Finished Quilt

My Swoon is done ... This is another finish to add to my modest 2015 list of completed projects.
This is a lighter color type of quilt for me as I usually work with darker and colourful fabrics, but this sounded perfect for our FL house where the decor is on the lighter side.

During this time of year, the sunny days are numbered and it is often cloudy and rainy. The sun was shining that day, making it difficult for accurate photos and seems to enhance the quilting and the colors seem to disappear into the background.


I finally chose a clamshell quilting design. I am not sure it was the perfect choice ... I was looking for an edge-to-edge design and had a few ideas in mind and I decided on the clamshell.  I can't decide if I like it or dislike it ... But I can tell you, it feels good sleeping under ... It feels warm and heavy.


The next picture shows part of the process of matching the print when piecing the backing together. Three lengths of fabric were used. Here, I am using pins but, basting glue can be use as well.



All that is left to do is the label.


Quilt Stats:

Name: Swoon (I am not much of a name giver for my quilts so ...) 
Size: It finishes at 96 x 119 inches.
Fabrics: Gypsy Caravan by Amy Butler and Kona Snow
Backing: Cutting Garden in Mocha by Amy Butler
Pattern: Swoon, a Thimble Blossoms pattern by Camille Roskelley
Quilting: Clamshell design 
Batting: Wool 
Binding: Wild Poppy in Linen (this was fabric left from the backing of Fancy That
Finished: October 2015


*** To read more about this quilt, you can access all related posts by clicking on Swoon in the Labels section on the sidebar of my blog, all relevant posts will come up.



2015 FAL - Q4
(See the original finish proposal HERE

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful~! I like the clam shell quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it - gives beautiful texture in the photos - congrats on a big finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your big finish, it's beautiful ! It is so hard to pick a design and I do like the texture of the clamshells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very nice to have another finish! I'm thinking the clam shell quilting looks incredible when the quilt is in use.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish! I absolutely love the clam shell quilting, what a fantastic texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out beautiful! Congratulations on the finish. I think the quilting shows so much because of the angle of the light. When it's on the bed I'm sure the prints and piecing will shine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely finish. I think a Swoon needs to be added to my never deceasing list of want to make quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love it and the quilting is just fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finish, pretty quilt and the clamshells really look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maryse, this is a beautiful quilt! Very very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The clamshell quilting you did is so beautiful Maryse! In a way, it makes your swoon quilt look like then perfect companion to your clamshell quilt. I love the care you take over matching the print in the backing seams.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your finish! I have bought pattern, but have not made one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. another gorgeous quilt, Maryse! great clamshell quilting!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray for a fellow Swoon finisher this week! Your quilt is beautiful! I love the clamshell pattern, and your backing fabric is perfect. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely finish! It's wonderful you're already using it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautiful and I love the quilting motif! I'm visiting as part of the 2015 FAL cheerleading team.

    ReplyDelete