Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Quilty365 - February Linkup

January, my month in circles ...


I am an early bird, a morning person, and most of my circles are made in the wee hours while enjoying my coffee. I cherish that quiet time of the day.


My circles are expanding, and the more I make, the more interesting it gets. I started on November 5th and today is day 88 ... I am using scraps but also fabric from my stash. I have two repeats so far; that's fine. Notice that I arranged my blocks so it overlaps one another to give a better idea of how it will look when finished.
It's such a fun project; the circles are fun to make, it takes about 20-30 min of each day to whip.

Want to see more? Click HERE to check what everyone else is creating.


Thanks for stopping by!
Maryse







17 comments:

  1. It is looking great. I love the red background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the red background. I like the shape of your circles too. That sounded silly, but the shape really adds to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have used such a vibrant colour for the background/ This is going to look fabulous, how big will it end up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your circles are awesome! Love the fabrics so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That deep red background is perfect for your cheery circles. I think you called them "squircles" last time? At any rate I love their squared-off shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous Maryse! That red background and the shape you chose make for a very beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very beautiful on the same red background, O love !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cool project - I really like how its turning out and only 1 repeat is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a really fun project! i, too, love those early morning hours. but i started going to the gym at that time. it's better for me, but i sure miss those quiet quilting times you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that red is amazing! I never thought I would say this about myself but in my dotage I too find the morning a great time to potter about and think about fabric. It's tea for me, and whilst I am still in my pajamas I select the dot for the day. This simple project is such a wonderful thing, I am seeing and meeting some lovely bloggers along the way! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful dots on that red background. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toujours aussi beau ... Les cercles sont très différents les uns des autres, mais il y a une unité. C'est sûrement ce magnifique fond rouge qui donne cet effet !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the rich red background, your circles look superb : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is growing fast! So cool to see everyone's dot Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your circles are growing. Love the red background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep seeing this project grow on your Instagram feed -- came over from the monthly link-up -- so many neat circle things happening!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This gets prettier every month. The red background is wonderful. I look forward to your next set!

    ReplyDelete