Friday, April 1, 2016

Quilty365 April Linkup and WIPS

Here's to another month of circles to add to the stack ... 


This morning I arranged my March circles on the design wall for the monthly picture, in chronological order as usual. And here below is a shot of all the circles I have made to this day, 148 total, almost four months in the making. I have a plan; I have an idea for the final layout, a mental picture stuck in my head since the very beginning ...


One of you asked me once what I would do with the extra fabric I removed from the back of each circle ... So there it is. They found a new place to shine in a new quilt that I started earlier this March, a scrappy courthouse step. Some of you might have seen progress pictures on my IG.


I'm using scraps but at this point, I don't have enough scraps for the bigger strips and have to complete from my stash. 


 Also on the frame, my AMH Dresden Plate, after three attempts this is how I am quilting it. I am stitching vertical lines, and I am using a Sashiko natural thread, the thread is very soft and is a charm to work with.






Linking up with Audrey at QuiltyFolk



Have a happy weekend!


13 comments:

  1. Love your circles! The red background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely circles; the red background certainly makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ii love it all!! They are all going to be beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love, love, love your wonderful circles with the red background! Why didn't I think of that!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many beautiful wips going on. Just LOVE the red background for the circles - they make each circle shine. Very tempting to try some myself.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maryse! I love your circle project with the red background (and I say always that red is not my colour)! The courthouse quilt is beautiful and impressive! The red center makes big difference! Do you have other ideas for the rest of the red scraps? I'm still struggling with my quilty365 decisions. I hope to post it soon. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to see ALL your circles together - they are beautiful! And thanks for all the other colorful inspiration, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'ai hâte de voir comment tu vas assembler tes cercles ! Le quilting avec le fil sashiko rend vraiment très bien.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a study in different fabrics and colours. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your unexpected choice of red for the background. I'm only three months in and also not planning on stitching everything together until the end. I've got an idea that I hope will work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree the red is fantastic! Your other projects are beautiful as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That red background for your circles - simply outstanding! And I really like the caribou circle! Reminds me of years ago time we spent in Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing your progress and your use of the reds.

    ReplyDelete