Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Nine Patch - A Baby Boy Quilt

Another baby quilt, for a little boy this time. Our nephew got married a couple of years ago, and now they are expecting their first child. I wanted to make a quilt for them. I was looking for a quick and simple type of quilt that could be squeezed between the many other projects I already have in the making. To save time, I bought this Minny Muu FQ Bundle from the Fat Quarter Shop.
The top was done in a nick of time!








Quilting: Using the walking foot, I made straight diagonal lines across the quilt forming a crosshatch pattern all over the quilt. All is left to do, is the label!


Quilt Stats:

Size: Approx 38 x 52 inches
Pattern: The good ol' Nine Patch.
Fabrics: Cool Minny Muu FQ bundle from the Fat Quarter Shop
Backing: Free Spirit Designer Voile in Robin
Batting: Warm and Natural
Quilting thread: Superior Threads King Tut 40wt in White Linen #971
Binding: Little Stripe in Kryptonite by Michael Miller
Finished: June 2016



Linking up with the 2016 Q2 FAL, see original list of proposal HERE













12 comments:

  1. Your baby quilt is beautiful and the fabric is perfect for nephew's baby boy. I'm sure it will get lots of loving over the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS QUILT!!! Perfect for a baby boy and NICE workmanship by you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt. Simple quilts are so fun to make and quilt too. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love fast finishes. I think the blocks with the blue background are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely fabric. It doesn't need a fancy pattern, the simplicity of the nine patch you chose is perfect. I love the colours and the placement of the green.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maryse, I found you on the linky party at Sew Cute Tuesday and just got done exploring your quilts. WOW!! I really like your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice quilt -- I really like the mix of blues and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maryse (what a pretty name) love the quilt! Those little blocks and pops of green make for an interesting baby quilt. Sometimes keeping it simple really does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that quilt...there is something so charming about simple squares and your choice of colours is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour scheme and stripey binding! Thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts

    ReplyDelete