Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Scrappy Christmas Trip Around the World



Last year I started a Christmas Double Wedding Ring, it's been off and on the design wall a few times. I finally got to the point that I am happy with the design and I'm currently piecing it together, but more on that later ...


After making that quilt, I was left with a considerable amount of scraps and also fabrics that didn't make the cut. What can you do with Christmas fabrics besides another Christmas quilt? So I made another Christmas quilt but this time, I was looking for a quick fix, after all that hand stitching I've been doing this summer, I was itching to be sitting at the machine. I made another Christmas quilt using the scraps from my Double Wedding Ring above.


The top is 72 x 72 inches. I was considering to maybe add a small border; I bought more of that red plaid you see in the quilt, and I think it would do the job just fine. Although I used a great deal of scraps, I still have plenty left, maybe even enough to make another quilt.


It was a lot of fun; it's a real scrap buster, and it's quite fast to make. It would also be a good pattern to use all that fabric from your stash that you fell out of love with.

Interested in making one?
I like this YouTube video by Rose Smith. There are also many tutorials out there, this one from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. Pinterest is also a great place to look of course!!




I am linking up with Scraptastic TuesdayOh Scrap! and NTT


  




13 comments:

  1. I adore both of your quilts but especially love that DWR! And that was an excellent idea to use scraps in a TAW. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great quilt for using all those scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to love fabric that keep on giving! Love the DWR - I am supposed to be quilting mine soon but haven't started that yet. Looks like you will have three quilts to celebrate Christmas with....Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Christmas scrap quilt! (both of them)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An extra Christmas quilt was a great idea. They both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trip around the world is wonderful...I love the diversity in the size of prints. But then to see its scraps from an awesome double wedding ring...its like the icing on the wedding cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt - scrappy trips are such a great stash buster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wedding ring looks fantastic but the other faster quilt is quite sweet. So much fun to make good use of the scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wedding ring looks fantastic but the other faster quilt is quite sweet. So much fun to make good use of the scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Christmas version of the scrappy trip quilt. You will be well set for a lovely holiday season with two (maybe three) new quilts. Funny how the scrap pile just never goes down though. I think they really do multiply while we're not looking. Except of course for the fabric we run short on and can't get any more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea for all of those scraps. I wouldn't have thought of a Christmas Scrappy Trip, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of your quilts using the Christmas fabrics!

    ReplyDelete