Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Triangle Quilt Top ~ A Flimsy Finish

One Patch Quilts are fun to make, with just one shape and a good array of fabrics, you can make a unique quilt that comes together quickly.



After making this quilt in 2014, I was left with a bunch of scraps, I decided to put them to good use and make another quilt for my husband, a lap size this time.


You can see on the back of the quilt top that some units were pieced together to get full triangles; it's barely noticeable on the front. That allowed me to use as much as I could out of the scraps.



If interested, this is the acrylic template I used to cut my triangles; I love the proportion on this one, the size is perfect for showing off larger prints. There are also many tutorials available online that explains how to cut isosceles triangles, but as a personal preference, it's just easier with templates especially when working with scraps.


* * *


Linking up with:

 Oh Scrap!

 NTT










11 comments:

  1. I love this quilt Maryse. You did such a great job choosing colors. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job using your scraps. I am sure he will love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the template! Your quilt turned out wonderful. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great looking quilt top. Quilting is always better than housework, in fact just about anything is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore ton choix de tissus et de couleurs !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I love the colors. I am following you on Instagram and I've seen the process..it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maryse this is just gorgeous! And I love the thrift of stitching your triangles together :) Is that a shaft of light through a blind in the second picture? Isn't it wonderful - I reckon you should quilt it that way now! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful finished top! I haven't done a 'one shape' quilt in a long time, but you make me rethink that choice! You really cannot tell that the blocks are pieced...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore triangles and I love your color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Wonderfully sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete