Sunday, January 15, 2017

Quilty365 ~ A finished quilt top



After making a circle a day this past year, I now have a finished quilt top!!

It was exciting but also a bit tiresome at times (especially towards the end) but I'm so so glad I finished it. This quilt features a mix of different fabrics from my scrap bin but for the most part from my stash, (there might be a few repeats, but that's ok). 
There was no rules, just the fabric that I was drawn to that day and then hoping it would all come together beautifully in the end. I used three different shades of reds as background, lighter in the center to darker on the outside. I rounded up my circles at 380 to get the design I wanted. I'm pleased the way it turned out so far. Now I have to decide how to quilt it!

Sadly I missed the last Quilty365 link-up but, this quilt will be finished by May 1st for the last link-up with Audrey. It was a fun Quilt-Along, I enjoyed it very much, it seems like I started yesterday! Many thanks to Audrey at Quilty Folk for hosting this fun quilt along, I think it's fair to say that it was a success; I love my quilt! So, if you are interested in making one, Leanne at Daisy and Jack Handmade is taking over and will be hosting the Quilty365 this year.

Wishing you all a wonderful year!!


* * *

Linking up with Quilting is more fun than Housework ... for Oh Scrap!

My Quilt Infatuation for NTT

Quilty Folk



29 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is such a huge accomplishment!! Wow, wow, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. now to get it quilted! looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! Great job staying with it for a full year. We would love for you to link to Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great - so fun - and the first of the Quilty 365 that I've seen finished up. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I just noticed the 'M' circle - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maryse this is looking wonderful! The pops of blue help balance all the colours and I love how you have used a graduating red background - very smart decision to add a little something extra to the overall effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations on doing it all the way to the finish!!! love the background choice. from Iowa take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mirror my feelings about this project so well. I am so happy to see how you have pushed on and have such an amazing quilt to show for this year of fabric choices. I am still plodding on this one but your finish has me fired up again. Well done on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look fabulous. I love the subtle differences in your red background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a lovely finish. I am in the process of "constructing" mine at present. I hope it ends up as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, you were very brave to use red. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning, it will be lovely to look back on and see it as such an accomplishment. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Love this! Still one of my absolute favorites. You have such a knack of putting fabrics together.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fabulous quilt to be. Your blending of reds is so subtle, I didn't even notice the different shades. Love that fussy cut 'M'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt! I admire anyone who can stick with a BOM, but the 365 challenge is a BOM on steroids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the circle medallions! They are quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job....so glad you stuck it out and finished. I can't imagine doing a circle a day but I love the idea of it when I see such a cool quilt like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is beautiful! I love how the red brings all the scraps together, really nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt top looks amazing!! Congrats on sticking to it the whole year and finishing such a beautiful top!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy wow! The red background you worked with was a stroke of genius -- it makes all the difference! I look forward to how you will quilt and bind this beauty. : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow ... C'est magnifique ! Le rouge des tissus de fond met vraiment en valeur tes cercles. C'est en découvrant tes blocs que je me suis lancée dans l'aventure Quilty 365 et ta version reste ma préférée. Félicitations !

    ReplyDelete
  22. As you know Maryse, I LOVE the way this turned out, but my absolute favourite circle has to be the 'M'! Well worth the tedium towards the end, you've got a great quilt - and it only a took a year!!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so impressed you stuck with this, and the result is well worth it. I love your red background; as you can see, red goes with everything! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic!! I wish I had done this ....as your finish is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very beautiful on the red background !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your background is stunning, I would not have expected the red to feature" the prints the way it does. Your prints do steal the show, and each month I have been excited to check out your latest blocks. So fun to watch this beauty grow!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful quilt, I love your red background fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your quilt - the red is invigorating as well as refreshing. I've just finished up month 8 - I understand the block a day gets harder at the end. I'm primed for that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Choosing shades of red for your circle backgrounds was inspired! What a magical quilt it turned out to be!

    ReplyDelete